Gateway South encompasses two research facilities equipped with
furnished office space, laboratories and raw unfinished space for lease.
Current tenants include the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Core Technology Molding,
Gateway Materials Test Center and Berkshire Corp.
and the Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (JSNN).
The JSNN offers specialized nanotechnology resources such as
a nanobioelectronics clean room, nanocharacterization labs, a computation
and visualization facility, and conventional science and engineering facilities.
Gateway South is located at:
2901 East Gate City Blvd.
Greensboro, NC 27401
The Gateway Launchpad
The Gateway Launchpad is a unique co-working environment for start-ups and small businesses needing access to high tech laboratory space. This co-working environment is utilized to support “start-up” operations of newly formed nano-bio related entities and other small businesses. Generally, firms of this nature struggle to find space of a suitable size at a reasonable cost which is where the Gateway Launchpad fits in. Users are provided with a telephone and internet access as part of their occupancy.
Gateway is an ideal location for the Gateway Launchpad as places start-up companies in close proximity to the research expertise of North Carolina A&T State University, the University of North Carolina Greensboro, and the Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering (JSNN). In addition, this location proximate to the JSNN provides the added opportunity to access the specialty lab space, equipment, instruments and tools that would be cost-prohibitive to many organizations. Individuals and companies located in the Gateway Launchpad also have the opportunity to take advantage of the JSNN’s Nanomanufacturing Innovation Consortium (NIC).
Other features and amenities include:
- Located within one-half mile of the I-40/I-85 corridor, which runs from Washington, D.C. to Atlanta
- 2.8 miles to downtown Greensboro, NC.
- Situated on 75 acres and master planned for 12 buildings and 550,000 SF when fully built out. Two facilities currently in operation.
- Ideal location for technology associated companies.
- Tenant benefits include access to high performance broadband IP connectivity and meeting spaces.
- Within minutes of North Carolina A&T State University and the University of North Carolina Greensboro.
- Planned scenic landscaping, pedestrian friendly walkways, sculpture gardens, amphitheatre, auditorium, roof top garden and patio.
- Located across from Greensboro’s Barber Park complex, Gateway Gardens, and the Hayes-Taylor Memorial YMCA.
Leasing and Availability
- Six Building Pads (25K SF footprint each, two-story)
- Infrastructure and Grading in Place
- 1,800 SF of Finished Space
- Two (2) 1,000± SF Labs
- Ample Free Parking